Serves 24 Cupcakes
- 1 box (500g) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 450g vanilla [or white] icing
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 20 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 large tube black cake decorating gel with small decorating tip
- Chow mein noodles
- 24 large black gum drops
- 24 small black gum drops
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise, water and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes. Evenly pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon vanilla frosting. Mix food coloring into remaining frosting; frost cupcakes.
- Draw 3 circles on each cupcake with black gel. Pull through 6 to 7 lines from center of each cupcake to the edge with toothpick forming a web.
- Insert 8 noodles for legs into large gum drops, then attach small gum drops to large gum drops with noodle for head.
- Use reserved vanilla frosting to draw eyes with toothpick. Arrange spiders on cupcakes.