- 800g beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/3 cups dry red wine [or beef broth]
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tub Stock - Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Lightly coat beef with flour. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large, deep heavy-duty skillet or Dutch oven and brown beef over medium heat, turning occasionally. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to same skillet and cook potatoes, carrots, onion and parsnip, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red wine and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, then stir in tomato paste, boiling water, Continental Stock Pot - Beef and Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise until stock is melted.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until beef is very tender, about 3 hours.
Serve, if desired, with mashed potatoes and broccoli or your favorite salad.