Serves 2 large parcels
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 40 gms butter, melted
- 50 gms baby spinach leaves
- 2 portions of boneless, skinless salmon (about 170 gms each)
- All purpose or bbq seasoning
- ¾ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chopped dill
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Lay a sheet of filo out and brush generously with the butter, top with another layer and repeat the butter then add a final filo sheet.
- Repeat this with the remaining 3 filo sheets.
- Place a large handful of spinach leaves in the center of each filo rectangle and top with the salmon portions. Combine the Best Foods™ Mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest, capers and dill and season well.
- Spoon a large dollop of the mayonnaise mix onto each salmon fillet and then fold over the filo sheets and tuck the ends under like a parcel.
- Place the parcels on a lined baking tray and brush with any remaining butter, sprinkle with seasoning and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. The parcels should be golden brown. Rest parcels 5 minutes before serving.
Serve each parcel with a simple salad of baby spinach and cucumber ribbons and a lime wedge for squeezing. Drizzle with remaining sauce.