Best Cheese and Smokey Ham Scones
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon celery salt or your favourite seasoning
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced smoky ham
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with cooking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, ham, parsley and spring onion.
- In a separate bowl beat together the milk and mayonnaise.
- Fold the liquid ingredients into the dry and gently mix until combined (add a little extra milk if needed).
- The mixture should be a stiff muffin consistency.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out generous spoonful's onto the lined tray – they should just be touching so when cooked they will link together.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika and bake for 10‐15 minutes until golden and risen (you can pull the middle one apart slightly to check it is cooked through).
- Remove from the oven and cover with a clean tea towel. Serve warm with butter.