Best Chocolate Devil's Cake
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups milk
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- Pre‐heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar.
- Add egg, mayonnaise, vanilla and milk and beat together on low speed until combined, increase speed and beat at medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a lined 23cm cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with a small amount of fudgy mixture.
- Ice with chocolate ganache: Melt together 150 grams dark chocolate with ¼ cup cream and 30 grams butter until smooth and dark.
- Let cool then spread onto cake.
- Serve with summer berries, cream and extra chocolate sauce.