Best Crispy Lemon Pepper Squid with Lime and Dill Mayonnaise Dip
- 3‐4 squid tubes
- ½ cup plain flour + extra for dusting
- ¼ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Oil for frying
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Rinse squid tubes and slice into fine rings about 5 mm wide, dry off on paper towels.
- Whisk together flour, mayonnaise, water, lemon pepper and salt to make a thin batter.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a saucepan until medium-hot. Toss a few squid rings at a time in a small bowl of extra flour to give them a light dusting.
- Then dip into the batter, drain off excess and fry 1‐2 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towels. Cook in batches so the oil stays hot.
- Serve with delicious zesty dip and lime halves for squeezing.
For dip, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, zest and fresh dill. Season to taste and chill until required.