Best Ever Summer Caesar Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, cut in half
- 8 slices French bread
- 1/2 cup Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 anchovies, finely chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Cos lettuce leaves
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- Shaved parmesan, Italian parsley, black pepper
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and fry bacon until crispy, remove from pan and drain on paper towels, using the bacon oil, fry the bread slices on both sides until golden, drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, anchovies and lemon juice to taste.
- Place cos in a large bowl and toss with mayonnaise to coat leaves.
- Arrange cos leaves on a serving platter or individual bowls and top with bacon strips, halved eggs, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Garnish with Italian parsley and black pepper.
This salad is the perfect lunch, or add grilled chicken strips for dinner! Omit the bacon and try it with pan-seared salmon.