Best Little Golden Carrot Cakes
Serves 20 little cakes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 x tin (about 1 cup) crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Pre‐heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, spice and carrot in a large bowl.
- In another bowl beat together mayonnaise, eggs, vanilla and stir in pineapple.
- Fold the two mixtures together lightly but thoroughly and spoon into paper cases.
- Bake for 15‐20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- To ice with cream cheese frosting beat together 250 gms softened cream cheese, 30 gms soft butter and about 1½ cups icing sugar until smooth, fluffy and spoonable.
- Pipe or spoon onto cooled cakes and decorate with chopped dried apricots, pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds and sunflower seeds.