Best Little Miso Salmon with Asian Style Slaw and Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 4 X 180 gram portions of fresh salmon (you could use thick white fish if you prefer)
- 4 tbsps. miso soup paste
- ½ cup Best Foods™ Lite Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced into strips
- ½ cup sango sprouts
- 1 cup mesclun salad mix
- 2 tbsp. coriander + extra for garnish
- ¼ cup Best Foods™ Lite Mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2‐3 tbsp. warm water
- 2‐3 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds (you can use a mixture of black and natural seeds)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Pre‐heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a shallow roasting tray with cooking paper.
- In a small bowl combine miso, mayonnaise and lemon zest.
- Arrange salmon portions in the tray and spread a generous layer of miso mayonnaise on each. Sprinkle over panko crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on thickness of the salmon (the flesh should just start to flake in the center when tested with a fork).
- Rest for 2‐3 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the sliced vegetables and sprouts in a large bowl and toss with the lime mayonnaise dressing.
- Arrange coleslaw on the serving plates and top each with a portion of salmon, sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with coriander and a lime wedge.
For dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, sweet chili and warm water to make a thin creamy dressing.