Best Pineapple and Coconut Cake with Passion fruit Frosting
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 level tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup milk
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 40 grams butter
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup passionfruit syrup
- Toasted coconut flakes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Line a 23cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, soda and spice, stir in coconut and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mash together bananas, mayonnaise, vanilla, pineapple and milk.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45-55 minutes until golden and a skewer is removed cleanly.
- Allow to cool before icing with passion fruit frosting.
- For frosting, soften butter and cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons passionfruit syrup and icing sugar and beat a further 12 minutes until fluffy and spreadable. Chill until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with remaining passionfruit and garnish with toasted flaked coconut.