Serves 18-20 balls
- A medium sized bowl of leftover boil up or leftover boiled veggies
- 2 large dollops Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup of breadcrumbs seasoned with 1 tsp. salt
- Vegetable oil to shallow fry
- Chop any leftover vegetables into small pieces and mash any potatoes or kumara. Place into a large bowl.
- Drain the liquid from the boil up. Strip all meat off pork bones (or whatever cooked meat you have) and stir into the vegetable mix.
- Season to taste and add the Best Foods™ Mayonnaise.
- Roll your mix into small balls and place on a lined tray. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove the croquettes from the freezer and coat them in egg wash and dip into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan with cooking oil and shallow fry the croquettes until golden and crunchy. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes and serve with Best Foods Mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.
Community recipe by Letitia Paul. Not tested or verified by www.bestfoods.co.nz