Chipotle Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- 1 1/4 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. ground chipotle chili powder
- 4 pork chops (about 680g)
- 1/2 cup Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Flora® Spread
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples [or other tart apples], peeled, cored and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Combine bread crumbs with ground smoked chili in small bowl; set aside.
- Brush chops with Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange chops on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until chops are done.
- While the chops are cooking, melt spread in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in apples, juice, brown sugar and thyme. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt.
To serve, arrange chops on platter, then top with apple mixture.