Classic Beef & Cheese Burger
1. Combine the beef mince with the onion, garlic, stock, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into generous patties and chill until required.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
4. Add the balsamic, brown sugar and mustard, cook for 2 minutes then cool.
5. Fold cooled onion mixture into the mayonnaise.
6. Heat the bbq grill or grill pan and cook the patties 4-5 minutes each side until well coloured and cooked through.
7. Transfer the patties to an oven tray and top each with a slice of cheese.
8. Cook the patties for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
9. Spilt and toast the buns, spread each with a little onion mayo mixture then arrange with a few green leaves, top with the melting cheese burger patties and finish with a spoonful of mustard-onion mayonnaise and cracked pepper.