1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Heat the butter in a medium frying pan and sauté the onion, garlic, sage leaves and pecans until soft and fragrant.
3. Add the cranberries, orange zest, breadcrumbs and first measure of mayonnaise and season well, stuff the turkey.
4. Whisk together the orange juice, mixed spice, mayonnaise and maple syrup.
5. Place the turkey in a large lined roasting pan, tie the legs and baste well with the spiced mayonnaise glaze.
6. Cook for 2.5 - 3 hours approximately, basting a further 2 -3 times until the turkey juices run clear.
7. Serve with roast vegetables and cranberry & port chutney.