Guy Fawkes Bacon and Egg Pie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 300 grams smoky bacon, diced
- 4 medium potatoes or 8-10 small, diced and par cooked for 10 minutes, drained
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh thyme or rosemary
- 2 sheets ready rolled flaky puff pastry
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 185 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and bacon for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft and fragrant and the bacon just cooked.
- Line a family sized serving dish with the pastry sheets, cutting and trimming to fit neatly.
- Scatter the potatoes over the base of the pastry lined dish and top with the onion and bacon mixture. Top with tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Whisk 5 of the eggs with the mayonnaise and milk and season well, pour evenly over the pie then break the remaining 3 eggs onto the top of the pie.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and puffed and set in the center.
- Cool slightly before cutting.