Hot Ham Sandwiches with Mustard Mayo
- 12 thick slices of bread
- 24 slices ham off the bone
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 24 pear slices Mustard mayonnaise
- ½ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Lemon juice
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 5-8 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare the mustard mayonnaise by combining ½ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard and sea salt and cracked pepper. Thin with lemon juice if desired.
- Toast your favorite sliced bread. Add thick slices of ham to a frying pan with a good swirl of maple syrup and about ¼ cup water and heat though until starting to caramelise.
- Arrange half the bread slices on a baking tray and top with a handful of baby spinach leaves then the hot ham slices and layer with sliced mozzarella and a few pear slices.
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melting, add a dollop of mustard mayonnaise to each and sandwich with the top bread layer.