- 2 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup assorted wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Continental Stock Pot - Vegetable
- 1 1/3 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Flora® Spread
- 2 Tbsp. shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium and cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Continental Stock Pot- Vegetable and uncooked rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is opaque and Stock is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water, 1/2 cup at a time, and simmer, stirring frequently, until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise, Flora® Spread and cheese.
*Variation: For Porcini Mushroom Risotto, soak 1 packet (1/2 oz.) porcini mushrooms in 1/2 cup boiling water 5 minutes; drain. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in small skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Serve over Mushroom Risotto.