Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 1.5kg bone-in pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. firmly packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika, divided
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 12 hamburger buns, halved and toasted if desired
- 3 Tbsp. Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3hrs marinate, 3hrs cooking, 3hrs stand
- Arrange pork in a large non aluminum roasting pan or baking dish; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and water in small bowl; rub onto pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°. Cover pork with aluminum foil. Bake for 3 hours or until pork is very tender. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pull meat from bones and place in bowl; set aside.
- Bring remaining 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. paprika, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar to a boil in small saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over meat and toss well.
- Spread buns with Best Foods™ Real Mayonnaise and fill with pulled pork.