Slow Roasted Lamb Pita Pockets with Minted Mayonnaise
- 1 small boneless lamb shoulder
- 1 large jar tomato pasta sauce (tomato & garlic etc)
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 mint leaves finely shredded
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Pita pockets, cos or green salad leaves, finely sliced red onion rings, diced red pepper and chopped sundried tomatoes to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours for the lamb
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Arrange the lamb in an oven proof dish and pour over the combined pasta sauce, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally (add a little water if the sauce is to thick) until the meat begins to fall apart.
- Let cool then pull meat into bite size pieces.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, mint, sea salt and pepper.
- Fill warm pita pockets with greens, lamb, onion and vegetables and drizzle over the minted Best Foods Mayonnaise.