Serves 1 Large Cake
- 1 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 large carrots grated
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. allspice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup Best Foods™ Mayonnaise
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- ½ cup icing sugar
Chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds and apricots.
- Preheat your oven on bake at 180°C. Grease a 25cm diameter loose bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, Best Foods™ Mayonnaise, eggs, and vanilla essence until combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in crushed pineapple and juice and mix through. This batter is wetter than a standard cake batter but that’s why it’s so moist.
- Spread into prepared tin and bake at 180°C for 45 to 50 minutes. The cake is ready when the top bounces back when pressed and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before icing with cream cheese icing.
- To make the cream cheese Icing, be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. If not, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften.
Place all ingredients in a blender or a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Then spread over the top of the cake and garnish with nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Happy eating!
Community recipe by Marissa Kelderman. Not tested or verified by www.bestfoods.co.nz