- 1 large round cob loaf
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion soup mix packet
- 250 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 250 grams frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 cup grated edam cheese
- selection of raw vegetables to dip (radish, cucumber, carrot, celery)
- 1 box crackers of your choice
Preheat oven to 180*C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
Carefully slice the “lid” off the top of the cob loaf (approx. 2cm off the top) and cut or rip the lid into bite-sized pieces. Pull out chunks from inside the loaf, until there is a good-sized cavity inside the loaf. Place bread chunks on the baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on prepared tray.
Mix onion soup packet, cream cheese, Best Foods mayo, spinach, and grated cheese in a bowl. Transfer mix into the empty bread case and add to the baking tray.
Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until the bread is lightly browned and crispy and the cheesy spinach mix is golden and bubbling.
Arrange vegetables, crackers and crusty bread pieces on a platter or board, and transfer cob loaf when cooked.