- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon gherkin relish
- 10-12 slices of thick white bread
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 200-250 grams beef mince
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 grams cheddar cheese, cut into cubes/slices
- 1 head baby cos lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
Mix Best Foods mayo, paprika, white pepper, and gherkin relish in a small bowl to create the burger sauce. Refrigerate until needed.
Preheat oven grill. Cut 24 rounds out of the bread slices – approx. 5cm diameter. Place on a baking tray, spray half of the bread rounds with a little cooking oil and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Grill bread until lightly browned.
Combine mince, onion, salt, and pepper. Roll into small balls and flatten slightly. Fry mini burger patties in a pan over a medium high heat.
Construct your mini burger skewers! Spoon a little burger sauce onto each of the base bread rounds, thread these onto skewers, followed by a beef patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Spread a little extra Best Foods mayonnaise on the “bun” lid and finish the burger skewer with this. Serve immediately!