- 500 gram baby potato
- 500 gram firm white fish fillets chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves chopped
- salt and pepper
- 50 gram butter broken in two
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
Place the baby potatoes into a large saucepan with enough water to cover them and a good amount of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Drain water then mash. While the potato mash is cooling, you can make the optional sauce if desired.
Once the mash has cooled, mix through the fish, panko breadcrumbs, eggs, Best Foods mayonnaise, lemon rind, parsley, and some salt and pepper.
Melt one chunk of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
Roll ¼ cup balls of the mixture then press down to flatten to about 2cm thickness. Press into extra breadcrumbs then fry on each side for approximately 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. When the butter dries out, replace with the extra chunk.